There is no need to shudder or sigh when you see the words cheap, affordable or inexpensive used in association with wedding rings, because the price tag does not (necessarily) symbolise how you and your partner feel about your wedding or your marriage. On a purely practical level, couples the world over search for cheap wedding rings online for any number of reasons:
- Budget dictates what they can spend
- Their lifestyles may mean they expect their rings to have a short life expectancy
- At the start of married life, investing in ring jewelry is not a priority for them
- They know 'designer wedding rings' can be made more cheaply
- They know money can be saved simply by choosing cheaper more widely available metals, gems and ring designs
- They just may not be jewelry people!
Buying Cheaper Wedding Rings
If you want to spend less rather than more on your wedding rings, here are some tips on how to buy inexpensive wedding rings:
- Choose cheaper ring metals - for example instead of platinum consider palladium or white gold
- Choose a ring design that suits a contemporary and cheaper metal, such as stainless steel
- Opt for a robust ring style such as plain band that is unlikely to need any repair
- Choose a hard-wearing ring metal such as tungsten carbide or cobalt chrome that does not scratch easily to avoid re-polishing and replating expenses
- Instead of diamonds, opt for much less expensive gemstones such as garnet, topaz and quartz (or choose a design with no stones at all!)
- Buy lesser quality stones - some flaws in gemstones cannot really be seen by the naked eye
- Shop online and avoid paying the jeweler's overheads!