Designer wedding rings can be made by 'big-name' jewelry designers or jewelry houses who have an established reputation and brand, or made by talented jewelry designers working independently of anyone else. Designer wedding rings may be one-of-a-kind rings, custom-designed especially for you (the most expensive) or bought 'off the shelf' from a catalogue of rings already created by that designer or design house. Budget will obviously play a large part in where and what you buy.
Famous Wedding Ring Designers
Some of the most familiar names in the jewelry design world are known because their wedding rings and jewelry is worn by royaltyy and celebrities the world over. Some of the names you may know include:
Choosing Your Wedding Rings Designer
Before you find your wedding ring designer, it is wise to set your budget and decide on a ring style and ring metal. By doing this, you'll save yourself time and ultimately money. In the 21st century, it's easy to find a wedding ring designer no matter where you are in the world either using 'old-fashioned' or online techniques:
- Get a word-of-mouth recommendation
- Browse online and compare catalogues
- Visit your local jewelers and view their work
- Ask museums who they use to repair jewelry exhibits
- Contact art colleges and schools who have either talented jewelry design teachers or students
- Join a forum and ask the online community for suggestions.
Be Your Own Ring Designer
If you'd like to design your own wedding rings and create wedding jewelry that is unique to you and your partner, then you can do this either in person working directly with the jewelry designer of your choice or online. Whilst it may seem impossible to create a wedding ring online, you may be surprised to see what can be created without you being there - designing wedding rings online is a great option for anyone wanting to take their own time, save money and if you go with a reputable online jeweler, it certainly does not have to be a risky business.
- Create a sketch or sketches of the wedding rings you like or collect pictures of rings you like - you can show these to the jeweler (either in person, via skype or you can scan and sent it via email, etc)
- Meet the designer in person to discuss your preferences or alternatively chat remotely via messenger, live chat, skype or email
- Use an online jeweler to help you create your ring designs remotely - you find that they use CAD (computer-aided design) programs or technology which you can use via their websites to help create your rings.